August 7, 2024

The Christianville Spirit: A Letter to PTLS


The Christianville Spirit 

The Spirit that Shines Brightly 

August 7th, 2024 – TCS # 866 

 

Happy August, My Readers! Yes, Folks! It is that time of Year! Not only is it My Birthday next week, My 37th actually. But, Something that comes with being an August Baby. It is Back to School Time! For Those in The US, We start a New Grade in August, where as in places like Australia, A New Grade starts in January or somewhere near that. Anyway, Funny Thing about being born in August, You learn that School always starts either before, on, or after My Birthday. I actually My Best Friend, Karleen on The First Day of School, going into 10th Grade of High School on My Birthday in 2003. It will be 22 Years since I met Her This Year! So, To Those Who are Excited about Going Back to School, because I know that PTLSers Enjoy Routine, Therefore are Excited about going back to School, To You, I wish You a Happy August! 

So, On to My Newsletter! 

So, I will Tell You Now that This Newsletter was Not Planned at All! Don’t Worry, Folks! It’s Good News! 

You See, Normally around This Time of Year, I would write about “Back to School” because Here in The United States, August is usually known as “Back-To-School Time” 

If on The Off Chance that You want to Read about “Back to School” Stuff, 

 Read My “School Day, Overwhelming Days” Newsletter (Refer to Newsletter 558) 

For Those who want to Continue on with Me, Let’s Go! 

And, Maybe Welcome Back Also, to Those Readers that Went to The “School Days” Newsletter and Came back out of Curiosity. 

So, This Newsletter Idea came while “Camming” (My PTLS Sister’s Term for FaceTime, Skype, Zoom etc.) with My Best Friend, M.P Twinee; PTLS Lil’ Sis, McKenna; 

 and a New PTLSer that We have become close to, For Writing Purposes, We will call them “Eli Fonzy”  

When McKenna’s Mom was wondering What She was doing and She said “I’m Talking to PTLS!”  

After That, My Best Friend (Inside PTLS) “M.P Twinee” jokingly responded with, “Are You talking to PTLS, The Syndrome?!” after Laughing about it for a Minute, It gave me The Most Brilliant Idea! If You were to Call PTLS, meaning The Syndrome on The Phone or Even Write a Letter to It, What would You Say?! So, “M.P Twinee”, I am running with That Idea! And I Thank You both PTLS Lil’ Sis, McKenna and Best Friend, M.P Twinee for This Brilliant Idea.  

So, Without Further A Due, This is My Letter to PTLS! 

I am calling it “Dear PTLS.. 

 

 

 

“Dear PTLS (The Syndrome), 

Hello PTLS! My Name is Christian Smith-Centeno.   I am Basically Self-Appointed Ambassador that represents You. I Feel that I do it Pretty Well considering that I have had it All My Life. Diagnosed 3rd in The World and First in My Home Country of The United States. My Mother, Julie Smith-Centeno, She’s The President of The “Outreach” Foundation that also Represents You! We are quite a Team with That!  

 So, First of All, I want to Thank You for Giving Me This Amazing Syndrome that My Mom on The Off-Side refers to as “Praise The Lord Syndrome”. If It weren’t for You, I would not be as Unique as I am. As My Best Friend, M.P Twinee points out that The Acronym that is PTLS, I will admit is not The Easiest Acronym to say. It’s Probably the Arrangement of Letters but, Anyway. Of Course, with Due respect to The Doctors in which PTLS is named after, Could You not have Chosen a Bit Easier of a Name to Pronounce?! Just so You know, I say that Jokingly and Respectfully! Did You know that PTLS is also known as Post-Tubal Ligation Syndrome. Yeah, No; It’s Not Your Fault, PTLS. For The Record, You could have been PTL but, It was Taken. But, to be Honest, PTLS, I like you as PTL with The S! It sounds Better!  

Of Course, Most Importantly, I want to Give You a (Big Hug) and Thank You for Giving Myself (and My Mom), The Feeling of having and knowing People of All Ages that also Have PTLS. Of Course, Alot of what I refer to as ‘PTLS Family Members’ that We have come to Know, have Become Really Great Friends. It really makes me feel Very Included to have a 3rd Family. Now, Yes, There are PTLS Family Members that I may not be close to but, They are Literally ‘Family’ to Me and Nothing will Change that. Did You know that You are Represented around The World, with ‘PTLS Family Members’ from All Over The World! Literally, From Australia, to Malaysia, and Bosnia & Herzegovina (A Country I have such a Hard Time pronouncing! I Laugh at Myself Every time I try to pronounce it!). You are Represented in Many Ways and In Many Countries around The World! One Last Thing though, Dearest PTLS, If (Keyword Here: If) Sometime in The Future that There is Cure for You, Myself and My PTLS Friends have agreed that We will not Take it, even if It is Intensely Studied (I would have to see like Two Years of Proof). Why, You ask? Well, Because like I said in The Beginning, It makes me Who I am. It is NOT My Label but, It is an Identifier. The Point is, PTLS, is that No, You are not Perfect but, Really No One is, but Keep being You, PTLS and Don’t let anyone Stop You! Because You are Very Special to Not only Me, but My Best Friend, M.P Twinee; PTLS Lil’ Sis, McKenna; Eli Fonzy; Als; and All The PTLSers that We meet along The Way! 

We Love You, PTLS! We would not be ‘Us’ without You! 

Your PTLSer for Always, 

Christian Smith-Centeno 

 

So, As You can see, I embrace PTLS and What it stands for. 

So, I am Curious! If You could Call or Write to PTLS, What would You say to It. Thank It?; Tell It Your Situation? Tell It What You would do without It?  

All in all, I feel that PTLS Gives a lot to Us and It wants Us to Give to It! Not Take from It! 

 

 

Thanks for The Christianville Spirit. Embrace PTLS because That is Embracing Us! 

No comments: