March 21, 2018

The Christianville Spirit: Lessons with Kidneys



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Keeps Learning with Hope and Resilience
March (Marzo) 21st, 2018-TCS # 587

Bonjour, My Readers! Out of All the Greetings I use, I feel that is The One I use The Most Frequently. It is French for Hello, To Me, It sounds so Elegant, so Classy when It is Said. Say it with Me in Deep Classy Voice, Bonjour! So, on to This Week’s Newsletter. I have been prolonging this Newsletter because I don’t understand all My Kidney Stuff   and I don’t want to make it seem bad because It really isn’t, It just requires a Little Rerouting in How it works. So, First, Let me explain, My Kidney Episode. The Last Time, I had it was back in 2014, but This Time was less painful than The Last One I had. I basically felt it moving at 3 in The Morning. To Me, It was like I could feel it happening. It would Come, then Pain, then Click, and Fizz. That is The Best Way I can describe it. It made me a little worried, but, At least it was moving. Then, The Movements stopped, Each passing one, gobbled together and in came The Pain. This Time It came in The Middle of The Night, so I was up all night Tuesday Two Weeks ago with that. It took a lot of getting up to Get Sick (I did it 3 Times), I sat and rocked to The Pain and that helped a little bit. I was Very Frustrated that It came back again. I mean, I had a Pain once before, But that was My Intestines. I will tell you that It did not hurt as Bad as The Last Time that I had Kidney Stones back in 2014. Still though. After about 6 AM, I felt it dissolve in My Bladder. We tried calling a Nephrologist later that Day and went round and round trying to get an Appointment. They said The Next Day and then, cancelled saying We should go to The ER. At The Height of a Nasty Flu Season, Heck No! 
Plus, It really would not classify as an “Emergency” because It had already passed and We wanted to know If There was Damage to The Kidneys.
We were able to get an Appointment but, I had to get My Blood Drawn for The Second Time This Year. Went to one Lab and They could not get My Vein, and The Next Morning (Thursday), We went to One of The Main Labs and They got it right away. I have Very Stubborn Veins, They are like Rubber, as My Mom says where They should be like a Wet Macaroni Noodle. That Monday, I got a Scan on My Side to see if There was Any Damage or Anything in There. So, Now come The Results, which is Difficult to Explain due to the Medical Side of It. So, My Blood Test came back saying that There was a lot of Calcium in My Blood. My Kidneys themselves are Fine, No Damage. My Urine Test saying that There was Calcium in there and It had been in little Calcium Crystals in There. When I think of this, I think of those old Milk Commercials saying (in a Narration Voice) “Milk has Calcium and Calcium builds Strong Bones!” It was enough to convince that Yes, Milk plus Calcium equals Strong Bones. The Thing though is, which I can confirm now, like it or not, Having PTLS makes it difficult to absorb The Calcium to make The Strong Bones. You See, Normally The Calcium goes into The Body, to The Blood, to The Bones, to Make Them STRONG! Then, with Me and PTLS, It does not do that for Some Reason that I am struggling to figure out as well as My Mom is. It seems as though, I am getting Calcium, but It is not going to The Right Place, It is basically, going to The Body, To The Blood and circling. The Only Way out, I would imagine is Either through Your Poop or Through The Kidneys to The Urine. Now, will that cause Problems with My Kidneys? God I hope not. But, My Kidneys would probably have to be Checked very couple years, or Maybe just make it part of The Yearly Physical. It is Frustrating to Me, because I wish I knew what is going on and What will go on in The Future. Being an Adult of The PTLS Community, meaning that Everyone sees What I am doing to see What will be of Their Child, I mean don’t get me wrong, It is The Highest Honor that I can have in My Life and I would never give it up in Any Way. But, There is also that little side of me that would like for Someone to tell Me what I have ahead of Me, then I can Chain it down to The Rest of The PTLS Community that is following me. In Turn, We can all Learn as we go, as a Chain of a PTLS Family. Sometimes, though like it or not, I have to be The One to Learn Things about How PTLS Effects Me so that I can Chain them and “Pass The Information On!”. Now, Will I be Okay? Absolutely! I Guess it is One of Those Perks of The Job. A Curve Ball, A Learning Curve. Those Darn Curves get me every time! What will I do about it? I don’t know. My Mom and I trying ways to Reroute The Calcium to My Bones, to Make them strong, instead of going The Other Way. We have tried Vitamin C Supplements to see if that might work, but That is in Testing Stages at The Moment. So, We are working on It. In Terms of Feeling Better, I am feeling better with Less than Occasional “Flank” Pain every once and while but, We Humans pass Kidney Stones (Small Ones!) Every Day and You usually barely notice. But, It is The Bigger Ones that You do notice. All in all, That is The Best that I could do to Explain Everything, I hope it does Teach You Something because It is certainly Teaching Me something!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Your Body does Weird Things, Learn about It!

No comments: