October 13, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: Meeting PTLS Members in Sweden and UK



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles
October 14, 2015-TCS # 469

Surprise, My Readers! Yes, I know, it is a Day Early (Shocker!) but, I have a Busy Week ahead of Me, so I am going to write This Newsletter Today instead of Wednesday, All though It is already Wednesday in Australia and Europe! Anyway, So Last Week I explained about All The Fun I had Over in Sweden and The United Kingdom, but, Here is a bit of a Thing, I did not focus as much on The “PTLS Business Trip” side of It. So, That is What I am going to do! So, Like I said, Last Week, I went to Sweden and The UK on Our “PTLS Business Trip”, We probably should refer to it as a “PTLS Speaking Tour”. Now, What is Funny about This Far-Flung Trip to Europe is that usually Worldly PTLS Family Members come to Me. In other words, They are The Ones who travel halfway around The World to The US, usually in The PTLS Capitol of Houston at Our PTLS Conference and Sometimes in between. Remember when We hung out with the PTLS Members from Australia that came to Dallas? That was actually 2 Months Ago! I digress. Anyway, This Trip was Very Much a Role Reversal, Where I am going to See Them. Now, that has happened with PTLS Members in The US but, Never those from other Parts of The World. The First “Role Reversal” is going to Sweden. Now, Funny Enough, I have been Dreaming about going to Sweden because It’s Nature is just stunning! Many Other Reasons as well in terms of Beauty. So, My Mom told me that We are going to Stockholm, Sweden to Speak about PTLS, I literally jumped for Joy. So, The Question that I am sure that You are beggingly asking is, So Come On Now, What was it like?! Well, First of All, When You talk to PTLS Members, You read Their Name, and You see a Small Picture next to Their Name and You can’t help but Think, “Oh! (Insert PTLS Member Here), Who am I kidding, I will never meet that Person! They will just be a PTLS Members Name on a Screen!” I like to say that It is like meeting a Movie or Television Star, You know that They are in fact an Actual Person, but They are not real in Your Head. When You Finally Meet Them, You think, “Oh My Lord, They are Real!” I had that feeling with PTLS Member, Josefine. We had known Josefine for at least 4 or 5 Years, We Skyped several times in That Time. Because I have seen Josefine’s Face on Facebook, I knew who it was. Some PTLS Members who have not been around as Long, like PTLS Member, Caroline of Sweden (Double Shoutout!), You kind of have to Refresh your Mind about Them or They just introduce themselves and then, check Facebook later and see, Ohhh! That is Who They are! Two (of Many) PTLS Members that I found fun to Talk to were Caroline, Johan, and Josefine of Sweden (Let’s not forget Camilla of Norway!). It was really cool to talk to Them because They shared My Fascination about Their Part of The World and Understood Why I am Fascinated by It! Camilla, I should mention was another Major PTLS Member that was a Must Meet on My List of Members to Meet. We met her when We saw The Changing of The Guard in Sweden along with Her Lovely Daughter. I also met Three Adult Boys that had PTLS, They mainly spoke Norwegian so, It was Hard to talk to Them. Luckily though, They understood English more than They spoke it. Wish I would have Known That! The Doctors that We met, They were pretty Awesome and Of Course, They were the ones who Invited us over there and really started this Whole “PTLS Speaking Tour” Trip. I was Very Honoured (Euro Version of “Honored”) to have flown across The Atlantic (aka “The Pond”) to Meet All the PTLS Members and Come to Sweden. What made it really Awesome was that on The Second and Third Day in Stockholm, We “walked and talked” while strolling through Stockholm. A bit of Mention here, Swedes walk Very Fast and They WILL run You down if You are in Their Way. And, Do Not Forget about The Biker Right-of-Way too! We ran one into The Fence accidentally when Walking from The Conference to Our Hotel, Opps! Sorry! After Soaking in The Culture of Sweden, (I have never been so Emerced into The Culture!), We flew to Part 2 of Our Adventure to The UK. PTLS Member, Delphine drove us to Her House where We had Our Gathering The Next Day. Meeting Delphine was a Major One for Me because Her, Myself, and Her Son Hugo, FaceTime pretty much Every Saturday or Sunday. So, Again, I had that “Holy Schnikies, She is Real” Moment!. You Know, I did not think of This until I got Home but, Hers was The First PTLS Members‘ House that We spend the Night at! It was Wonderful, I would totally do it again! Of Course, On The Way to Her House, I felt like I “Hit The Wall” and Had a Post-Stockholm Meltdown in front of Her. Not Very Proud of that, but that was Something I had never done. So, In a Way, It was a Learning Experience for Both of Us! I was Okay after though! It probably was All The Excitement from Dreams coming true in Stockholm and Meeting Delphine, who was a Major PTLS Member to Meet, It really catches up with You! So, after The Fun Evening in Stratford-Upon-Avon (Locally called “Stratford”), We had Our Gathering. So, I helped greet people to Come In. Some PTLS Members I remembered instantly and Others took a Bit more of an Introduction. PTLS Member, Angela was a Highlight because I remember them sending me Maps and I sent them a Gift back. Another Person that Came was a Sister-In-Law of a PTLS Member, Chalky. I had Questions for Her about The Wedding that she went to a Couple Months Before. Another Major PTLS Member to Meet (among Many!) was Sally and Her PTLS Adult Son. Us PTLSers are a Bit shy when We meet other PTLSers, so We did not talk as much as We wanted to, but That is Okay. Progress! And, Reconnecting with My Good Buddy, Edward and His Mom. All in all, It was Really Awesome to finally meet and talk with So Many People that I have gotten to Know very well. It was The Best Trip that I have ever taken!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Having Dreams True is Very Important to Me!

No comments: