March 24, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: The Orchestra Adventure

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Inspires You
March 24, 2010-TCS # 191

So, Last Saturday Night, My Brother and I decided to go see a performance at a place called The Myerson Symphony Center in the Arts District of Dallas to see The Dallas Symphony Orchestra. You see, My Brother takes a Music Appreciation Class and they told him that he had to go see a performance of some kind. So, He and I decided to go see this one. Now, I have never been to this place or even seen an orchestra performance. I mean, I watched a little bit of Boston Pops Orchestra one time on the 4th of July on TV. But, other than that, I haven’t seen one. Anyway, after walking around inside the Symphony Center, My Brother had go to a nice prelude lecture from his teacher about what we were going to hear, what inspired them, and where they were from. The People’s music we where going to here from was Back, Mozart, and Handel. My Brother’s Teacher taught us a lot about the different artists. The one I remember the most was Bach because the teacher showed a map of where he went to. She showed us that Bach moved all over Germany but, the main city he was in was a town called Leipzig which is south of Hannover and Berlin. Back then, he lived in West Germany which had a mix of Western German and Eastern French Culture. So, that is the origin of his music. The thing I remember from the Mozart part was that he was born in Hannover, Germany and he traveled to Italy many times. The part of Handel was that he made music for what was known as The Royal Family Fireworks which was a fireworks show put on in Green Park in London for the royal family. Now, just so you know Green Park is just north of Buckingham Palace. But, in the time period of Handel, Buckingham Palace wasn’t even built yet. So, after the prelude lecture, it was time to go to watch the show. The Show was actually really awesome and what amazed me the most was how fast their fingers moved across the violin. In the middle of the show, they brought out a 17 year old solo violin artist who was really good. In fact, one time she actually won an award for how good she was. After the performance, as we walked out it was snowing and I got to see what the place next door, The Winspear Opera House looked like in the dark and it lit up beautifully. So, all in all here, the performance was really awesome and it was cool to spend time with My Brother. I would recommend everyone to go see the orchestra.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Spend time with your family, even if it’s the one you see everyday.

No comments: